DIRETOR: Leandro Goddinho
SINOPSE: Documentário gravado online a partir da tela do computador sobre quatro youtubers brasileiros que compartilham suas experiências vivendo com o HIV.
An experimental documentary made with footage material recorded from the computer desktop screen, about 4 Brazilians who have created Youtube Channels to talk openly about their HIV status, in a very positive way.
“Since the 1980’s HIV is a strong stigma within the LGBTQ community affecting mostly gay men. In a Digital era, four Brazilian HIV positive created youtube channels to talk openly about their status, in a very positive way. They are digital activists trying to spread a new message about how it is to live with the virus showing to their followers that HIV is no longer a death sentence. Sharing their daily lives they have created a sense of community online where people feel safe to interact, learn, exchange their knowledge, worries, and doubts about the subject matter that is still a taboo.”
Official Selections / Competition:
– 29th New York LGBT Film Festival – New Fest /USA – Oct/2017.
– 3rd Warsaw Ave Film Festival – Cincinnati /USA – Oct/2017.
– 10th Human Rights Short Film Festival – Entretodos! /Brazil – Nov/2017.
– 25th Mix Brasil Film Festival – São Paulo /Brazil – Nov/2017.
– 4th FICAE – Diseases Int. Short Film and Art Festival – Valencia /Spain – Feb/2018.
– 9th Bangalore Queer Film Festival /India – March/2018.
– 30th MIX New York International Film Festival /USA – March/2018.
– 41st Grenzland Filmtage – Selb /Germany – April/2018.
– 12th Ethnocineca Inter. Documentary Film Festival Vienna /Austria – May/2018.
– 22nd Fire!! Mostra Internacional de cinema gai i lesbian / Barcelona – June/2018.
– III DIGO Fest. Int. da Diversidade Sexual e de Gênero de Goiás /Brazil – Jun/2018.
– 22nd International AIDS Conference /Amsterdam – July/2018.
– 10th Cinema Mostra AIDS – São Paulo/Brazil – August/2018.
– 8th Durban Gay & Lesbian Film Festival /South Africa – Sept/2018.
– VANDA – Vienna Anthropology Days /Austria – Sept/2018
– 11th Beijing Queer Film Festival /China – Nov/2018.
– Quezon City International Pink Film Festival /Philippines – Nov/2018.
– Santo Domingo OUTFEST /Dominican Republic – Nov/2018.
– 11th OMovies – Fest di Cinema Omosessuale Trans e Questioning /Italy – Dec/2018.
– 16th RAI Film Festival /UK – March/2019.
– Data Stories Conference /Greece – May/2019.
– 10th Atlanta Black Pride Film Festival /USA – Aug/2019.
– 23rd FAM – Festival Audiovisual do Mercosul /Brazil – Sept/2019.
– 16th Queer City Cinema Film Festival /Canada – Sept/2019.
– 5th Homografia Festival /Brussels – Mexico – Oct/2019.
– 30th Tampa Bay Int’l Gay & Lesbian Film Festival – Oct/2019.
– 14th Festival Taguatinga de Cinema /Brazil – Oct/2019.
– 8th Curta o Gênero /Brazil – Nov/2019.
– 4th LIFFY – Latino and Iberian Film Festival Yale /USA – Nov/2019.
– 5th Festival de Cinema de Três Passos /Brazil – Nov/2019.
– Same, Same, but Different – Educational Program in collaboration with Bologna’s schools /Italy – Oct/2018.
– ESRC Festival of Social Science – ‘The End of AIDS?’ – Royal Anthropological Institute /UK – Nov/2019.